Are You Ready For Home Ownership?
The process of buying a home for the first time can be a happy and satisfying experience, and it involves being financially prepared for the responsibilities that come with it. That’s where a great real estate agent comes in – helping you identify what kind of property is right for you, and then working with you and a lender to figure out how much home you can afford.
A few things for first-time homebuyers to keep in mind:
- With my years of experience as a real estate agent and broker, I can help you find the right home at the best price.
- Keeping a list of the features you need and want in a home keeps you on track. It’ll also help us review the pros and cons of each home after seeing it.
- Buying a home can sometimes involve a lot of back and forth with the seller, including preparing paperwork, making offers, getting counter offers, making a deposit, and going under contract on a property. I'll walk you through every step of the process!
- Thankfully, much of the home buying process is digital now – filling out applications, signing lending paperwork, and signing contracts.
- Inspections are an important part of the home buying process. A home inspector checks for problems like harmful materials, evidence of pests, leaks and issues with wiring. I've worked with many inspectors I respect and am happy to recommend several in the area.
- Doing a final walkthrough ensures that everything you’ve agreed upon with the seller is taken care of.
Please see my list of recommended lenders, insurance agents, inspectors, and surveyors – all of whom I've worked with for years. Then get in touch to find out how I can make the home buying process easier for you!